“1. Tomorrow could easily be better. If you never stay, you’ll never know.
2. First anniversaries, second anniversaries, fiftieth anniversaries.
3. Having sassy rebellious teenagers who remind you of yourself, but this time you’ll know how to prevent them from making the same mistakes you did.
4. Marveling at the rings of trees and how they still stay alive year after year, no matter how gnarled they grow.
5. Stargazing with the only person you truly care about.
6. Celebrating your birthday after the year in which you tried to kill yourself, and realizing that every candle matters.
7. First dates that turn into weddings.
8. Sightseeing in places that contain beauty you never would have seen by jumping off a roof.
9. Having children.
10. And then grandchildren.
11. Watching those kinds of sunsets that never seem to end and color the sky like watercolors before fading into darkness.
12. Holding hands with someone in the silliest of places, even a grocery store.
13. Watching your parents grow grey hair and still love each other for it.
14. More fireflies to catch.
15. Reading graffiti in bathroom stalls and realizing that sometimes, the most beautiful poetry in the world is not found in books, but in restrooms.
16. Getting pricked with safety pins that remind you you’re still alive.
17. That one look the person you love gives you that simultaneously means everything and nothing.
18. First kiss, second kiss, last kiss.
19. Drinking coffee on those sleepy mornings when you’re stuck in a state between asleep and awake.
20. Meeting your soul mate.”
— Reasons To Stay Alive